The IRS offers a plethora of publications containing useful information on a number of tax topics. The IRS Publications we have found to be the most pertinent to are clients are:
- IRS Publication 1 – Your Rights As A Taxpayer
- Explains your rights as a federal taxpayer as well as the procedures for examination, appeal, collection and refunds.
- IRS Publication 15 – Circular E, Employer’s Tax Guide
- Explains the federal tax responsibilities of an employer including requirements for withholding, depositing, reporting, paying and correcting employment taxes.
- IRS Publication 17 – Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals)
- Discusses general rules for filing a federal income tax return and explains applicable tax law.
- IRS Publication TD – Circular 230, Regulations Governing
- Practice before the Internal Revenue Service Explains the rules, regulations and requirements for practicing tax professionals.